Among the many aspects to study in order to decipher the probability that an artist has to sell a quantity or another of tickets, the media are the most difficult to decipher.
We will quickly know what relevance an artist has after a couple of searches on Google. But from there, you are far from knowing to know the effect of this artist on ticket sales. Just as we should not be carried away by hype so that trends do not play tricks on us.
Media are one of the Old School’s forms of promotion and indicators. When there was nothing, this could be very important: among the blind, the king is one-eyed.
Currently, however, the digital presence in song plays, followers and other data such as capacity that has visited, tour history and a long etc, are much more faithful indicators.How to analyze the digital presence of musical artists
However, despite all the mentioned above, you must consult the current media of an artist before hiring him.
What key points can Media give us when it comes to hiring an artist?
- They will give us a very quick indicator of where this artist is.
- It is possible that the artist is more traditional and does not have many streaming plays, but has a lot of presence in the media and this must be taken into account.
- The artist may still be small, they don’t have a career path, but they have just started to appear a lot in the media for some reason that has made them viral, or because they have started a promotional campaign. This will be an indicator that he will grow a lot.
- The media will tell us a lot about how the artist is seen by the general public. If they have just had a scandal for some serious reason, such as sexism or another example, you should know before hiring him.
- The press knows its audience very well. If they get news of an artist of a certain style, it is because they think the artist will be of interest to their readers. This means that the media can help us know what kind of audience the artist we want to hire attracts.
6 tips you should know before hiring a musical artist
To hire an artist, the promoter must imagine that is their manager. All the data that their representative must consider to manage an artist must be tried to find out and interpreted by a promoter to reach agreements. And remember to specify all the clauses that you consider appropriate in the contract. Did you know that up to 9 out of 10 cached artist hiring negotiations between managers and promoters fail? Try to reduce your percentage of failed negotiations and you will be maximizing your productivity as a hiring manager or booking agent.